Sunday, September 13, 2015

On July 22, my sister and I went on a Smithsonian garden tour!

We started at the American Girl store and had brunch in the bistro there.




My breakfast (it was more like breakfast than brunch), an egg white omelet.
Emily and Kanani at brunch.

Rebecca and Mia.
The goody bag. (It came with applesauce and a little water bottle, which was really nice for the tour.)

After brunch, we had a little time to walk around the store before we got on the bus.

"My new best friend-the giant version of me!"




"We're twins!"
Then we got on the bus!
On the bus. We had a craft to do while we rode (it took about 30 minutes to get to the gardens) but unfortunately I don't have a photo of this.
This building looked really interesting, so I snapped a photo of it out of the bus window. ;)

After a while we arrived.

The Smithsonian Castle.
This part is usually a big grassy area, but it was closed for renovations.
We went into the garden and sat down at a table where they told us a little bit about the garden and the different plants they grew there. Many of them were originally from different continents. It was pretty cool.
And now, some garden pics!


We did a scavenger hunt, and this is one of the signs we were looking for.


This plant was my favorite. It was called the Monkey Puzzle Tree. I think it looks sort of like a pine tree and a cactus combined.

My sister and I had a great time on the tour.

(By the way, this was supposed to be posted about 2 months ago. Oops! :P)

-kittymeow









No comments:

Post a Comment