Monday, July 4, 2016

The Blogger’s Fantasy Notebook-Challenge 1 Story--I can't come up with a title :P

Hi everyone,
So, as some of you may know, I'm participating in the Blogger's Fantasy Notebook Writing Challenge. I'm on Team Lions. Writing isn't really a strength of mine but it's fun to write stories so I figured I would try it out. This is my story for Challenge 1. ;)

It was just another ordinary day in early September, and Kanani was sitting at her desk in her room doing her homework. "2x+21=14... so x must equal...-3.5." She thought aloud. All of a sudden a cat jumped through the window. "They'll never find me in here..." she heard the cat say. A talking cat?! thought Kanani in astonishment. I probably just imagined it... She sat quietly and waited to see what the cat was going to do next. The cat turned around and looked at Kanani. She seemed surprised. "Who are you?!" she exclaimed. "WHAT are you?!"
"Um...my name is Kanani. And...I'm a human...oh I MUST be dreaming. There's NO WAY I'm really talking to a cat."
"Well, you are," the cat replied. "I'm Praline. So you're a human? Like one hundred percent actual human? I've heard scary things about you guys."
"Yes. Why would we be scary?" Kanani replied.
"Two things. You're just so big, and I've heard lots of stories about cats being tortured by the younger ones."
"Well, I'm not going to torture you, I promise." Kanani said. "So you've never encountered a human before?"
"Nope. But many of my friends have. That's where I heard the stories..." said Praline.
"So...who are you hiding from?" said Kanani.
"Oh, my friends and I were playing hide and seek. I didn't think any humans would be in here..."
She turned toward the window. "They'd be shocked to know I was talking to one. I mean, cats usually don't talk to humans."
"All cats can talk?!"
"Yup. But usually we only talk to other cats."
"Why?"
"Because...well...actually, I don't know. It just isn't something we usually do."
"This is amazing!" Kanani jumped up. "I've got to introduce you to my sisters."
"Ok!" said Praline. "But first, I should probably let my friends know so they don't get worried when they can't find me." she jumped out of the window and returned a few minutes later. She followed Kanani into the living room, where Lea and Emily were sitting and watching TV. "Teen Titans Go! I love that show!" Praline said excitedly. Lea and Emily's eyes grew wide. "Oh, sorry. I'm Praline."
"A talking cat?!" said Emily in disbelief.
"Yes, all cats can talk," Praline replied.
"Wow, cool!" said Lea.
"So, how did a cat-I mean how did Praline end up here?" Emily asked Kanani.
"She was playing hide and seek with her friends and jumped through my open window to hide in my room." said Kanani.
"Oh."
"Well, as long as she's here, let's make her feel at home. Do you like tuna, Praline?" said Lea.
"That's my favorite food! I am pretty hungry..."
"Ok, I'll get you some."
Lea walked to the kitchen to get some tuna. "So, what's it like being a cat?" Emily asked Praline.
"Pretty fun," she replied. "We mostly get to sleep and play all day. We only have to go to school for two months out of the year."
"Cats go to school?"
"Yes, just like humans, except cat school is way more fun. Like instead of having four main subjects and lots of work, we mostly just have to learn how to get along with other small animals. Many humans think we like to eat mice and birds, but that's not true."
"Wow."
Lea came back with the tuna.
After eating her snack and answering a few more questions, it was time for Praline to go.
"I promise I'll come back to visit. You humans aren't so bad after all!"
Then she jumped out the window.
THE END. 

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Weird! Nice job. Tallying your points! Did you use any of the prompts? :) I can still give you points, but make sure to use prompts next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used this one: So you're a human? Like one hundred percent actual human? I've heard scary things about you guys.

      Delete